Summer has arrived and brings many health and skin problems along with it. Thanks to nature, the adverse season also brings the solution with it. We are talking about a fruit that you’ll find in everyone’s refrigerator that has multiple health benefits. Today, in this article we will tell you about the benefits of lemon peel.
Nutritional value of lemon:
The rind or outer skin of almost all fruits contains a similar amount of nutrients as the fruit’s internal part. The same thing applies to lemons. Potassium, calcium, vitamin C are found in lemon peel. Besides lemon is rich in bioflavonoids which help in fighting diseases.
Benefits of lemon peel:
- To overcome dehydration during the summer, many of us resort to lemon water mixed with sugar, salt, but for even better results use the lemon peel as well. This will fulfill the minerals requirement of the body caused due to dehydration.
- Lemon peel in the summer season keeps digestion good as well as maintains urinary health. It helps in eliminating many toxins from the body. Take a spoonful of lemon juice in water and add a small piece of ginger and lemon peels with salt in it. This mixture helps in improving digestive function and increases appetite.
- For good oral health, take lemon peel in your mouth and chew it. This removes the harmful bacteria present in the mouth. This will also keep your teeth shinier.
- Regular use of lemon peel also keeps BP under control.
- If you are taking antibiotic medicine, then you must include the peel powder in the food. It acts as a tonic for the liver, which removes all the toxins from the liver.
- Lemon peel is a very good home remedy to get rid of acne problems. Besides, it also helps in reducing the pigmentation of the skin.
- Apart from this, due to the antioxidants present in it, the lemon peel also fights skin wrinkles.
- The pectin, phenol, and essential oils present in it make the skin softer and radiant.
- Lemons also remove dead cells. Reduces the marks on the face due to aging.
- The citric acid present in it helps in making the complexion lighter.
We have already discussed the importance of lemon peel, but it is important to choose the right lemon rind. The lemon with thin skin is ideal for consumption and use on the face. One should avoid using lemons with thick peels. Apart from that, lemons that are well ripe should be used for the above benefits.